Ten Essential Diaper Bag Items
There are ten essential items that every diaper bag should contain every time you leave the house. Some babies will require other items, such as babies with health difficulties. But these ten items should apply to all infants. 1. Carry at least one diaper for every half hour you anticipate, plus two. This should be enough to cover any incidents of tummy trouble asics running shoes s and also offer additional diapers in case you are out longer than expected. This means a minimum of three, obviously.
2. Diaper wipes are essential. They are needed not only for changing diapers, but also for cleaning up dropped toys, wiping drool or spit up off of clothing, or cleaning your hands when no sinks are around.
3. A changing pad is another necessity. If you are in a situation where you need to change y asics running shoes our baby in the car, you can protect the seat from soiling with the pad. If you are changing your child in a restroom at a diaper station, you can use the pad to keep your baby off of the potentially unclean surface if no paper covers are provided.
4. Toys are essential. Even if your child cannot hold on to his own toys yet, you will be able to occupy your baby with bright rattles or musical toys, or keep his attention focused on one if he starts getting fussy in public. It’s good to bring at least two.
5. An extra change of clothing is always a good idea, two if your baby spits up often. You never know what could happen, and it’s better to have an extra in case of spills, spit up incidents, or leaky diapers.
6. Infant Tylenol liquid is another essential. This is in case of very high fever emergencies and also teething problems. It is very handy to have on hand as a “just in case” measure. Hopefully you will never need it.
7. Another must have is diaper rash cream. Not much makes a baby fussier than an uncomfortable diaper rash, so having a way to deal with that is vital.
8. An extra blanket is important to have on hand for many reasons. Even if it is Summer, you may need it if you enter a very chilly air conditioned building (think movie theater) or if it starts to rain. It can also be used to shield you from uncomfortable eyes if you need to breastfeed in public. It can also serve as a burp cloth.
9. A nasal syringe is a very impor asics running shoes tant item to have on hand. If your child gets a runny nose from a cold or from crying, he will become even more uncomfortable. A nasal syringe will help him breathe better, which will in turn help you breathe better.
10. Finally, no diaper bag should be without essential feeding items. If your baby is breastfeeding, this may include extra pads for going inside mom’s bra to prevent leakage, or a special breastfeeding privacy shield. Bottle fed babies will need a couple of bottles of pure water and at least one serving of formula for ever hour you anticipate being out, just in case. For babies who are already eating, you might being a bottle or two of baby food, a couple of spoons, and a bib, plus a zippe asics running shoes r sandwich bag of finger foods such as cereal or teething biscuits.
Depending upon your specific baby’s needs, you may also need to remember medications, pacifiers, or other items. You might want to keep a list to help you remember.
Also, it may be a good idea to keep a copy of your child’s immunization record in the diaper bag so you don’t forget it when you go to checkup appointments. Denise has also been very active in citizen journalism for well over a year and owns her very own hyper local b. View profile