Ten Gifts for Tween Girls
The American Heritage Dictionary defines a tween as “a child between middle childhood and adolescence, usually between 8 and 12 years old.” In other words, a tween is a person who is most likely suffering the angst that accompanies a very awkward period in his or her life! If you have a tween girl on your gift list, you might be nervous about choosing a gift for her as some tweens have been known to be difficult to shop for. The list below will making shopping for a tween girl a whole lot easier; it’s a list of the top ten gifts for tween girls.
1. Tween girls will love asking questions of the Magic 8 Ball. Her answers will be revealed in the portal due to a floating 20 sided dice inside. Inexpensive ($9.99) and fun, this gift will be a hit with this age group.
2. Jenga has recently come out with a version that’s perfect for tweens. The Jenga Pink Girl Talk game is only $12.99 and features a twist on the traditional version. In this version, tweens will pull out the Jenga piece and will be greeted with a question to answer (such as, “What is your greatest wish”). It’s a fun way for tweens to get to know their friends better!
3. For tweens who own a Nintendo DS, purchase the Barrel Tote: Pink with Letters for $14.99. This tiny tote is designed to look like a couture bag asics running shoes and will hold her DS and accessories!
4. Tweens typically love to listen to music. Make it even easier by purchasing a 2GB MP3 player for only $14.99. This pint sized music device is perfect for tween girls because of its color pink!
5. Miley Cyrus has gained popularity as herself and as the asics running shoes character Hannah Montana. Disney has produced the Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds concert CD with DVD for $16.99. The tween will appreciate having this set from a star who only grows in popularity with each project she takes on.
6. Hasbro has created a version of Life that will capture the attention of tweens. The Game of Life High School Edition ($19.49) is a pink board game that is themed entirely for girls in this age range. Tweens will make decisions that are relative to their lives while competing with their friends.
7. It’s no secret that tween girls have secrets. The tween on your list will feel like her secrets are protected if you purchase the Password Journal for $23.99. This journal is protected with password and voice recognition. It even alerts the gift recipient if anyone’s been snooping around! If the tween uses the included glow light and magic pen it will make the pages look blank to anyone who has managed to get past the security devices.
8. Tween girls with an interest in music might like to learn to play the guitar. First Act has made a 30 inch acoustic guitar that is designed especially for kids. It costs $29.99, comes in many colors (including pink bling) and is easy to play and learn on.
asics running shoes
9. The Memorex iCarly Portable CD Boombox for $39.99 will enable the tween to take her music with her to the backyard, the pool, etc. The boombox includes an AM/FM radio and headset connector. It’s described as “sporty” and is white, blue and pink.
10. I’ve yet to meet a tween girl who didn’t love High School Musical. Now you can purc asics running shoes hase the Disney High School Musical Framed Movie Poster for $39.99. The frame on this poster is a 1 ” block style frame that should complement any tween’s dcor.
All of the above gifts are sure to please the tween on your list, even those hard to please tweens! The good news for the gift giver is that all of the gifts are under $50 and can be purchased at Toys R Us.